Improvement in Food Resources
1. Explain any one method of crop production which ensures high yield.
2. Why are manure and fertilizers used in fields?
3. What are the advantages of inter-cropping and crop rotation?
4. What is genetic manipulation? How is it useful in agricultural practices?
5. How do storage grain losses occur?
6. How do good animal husbandry practices benefit farmers?
7. What are the benefits of cattle farming?
8. For increasing production, what is common in poultry, fisheries and bee-keeping?
9. How do you differentiate between capture fishing, mariculture and aquaculture?
10. What do we get from cereals, pulses, fruits and vegetables?
11. How do biotic and abiotic factors affect crop production?
12. What are the desirable agronomic characteristic for crop improvements?
13. What are macro-nutrients and why are they called macronutrients?
14. How do plants get nutrients?
15. Compare the use of manure and fertilizers in maintaining soil fertility.
16. Which of the following conditions will give the most benefits? Why?
(a) Farmers use high-quality seeds, do not adopt irrigation or use fertilizers.
(b) Farmers use ordinary seeds, adopt irrigation and use fertilizers.
(c) Farmers use quality seeds, adopt irrigation, use ferilizer and use crop protection measures.
17. Why should preventive measures and biological control methods be preferred for protecting crops?
18. What factors may be responsible for losses of grains during storage?
19. Which method is commonly used for improving cattle breeds and why?
20. Discuss the implications of the following statement:
“It is interesting to note that poultry is India’s most efficient converter of low fibre food stuff (which is unfit for human consumption) into highly nutritious animal protein food”
21. What management practices are common in dairy and poultry farming?
22. What are the difference between broilers and layers and in their management?
23. How are fish obtained?
24. What are the advantages of composite fish culture?
25. What are desirable characters of bee varieties suitable for honey production?
26. What is pasturage and how is it related to honey production?