Reproduction in Animals
1. Explain the importance of reproduction in organism.
2. Describe the process of fertilisation in human beings.
3. Choose the most appropriate answer.
(a) Internal fertilisation occurs
i. In female body.
ii. Outside female body
iii. In male body
iv. Outside male body
(b) A tadpole develops into an adult frog by the process of
(c) The number of nuclei present in a zygote is
4. Indicate whether the following statements are True (T) or False (F).
(a) Oviparous animals give birth to young one. ( ).
(b) Each sperm is a single cell. ( ).
(c) External fertilisation takes place in frog. ( ).
(d) A new human individual develops from a cell called gamete. ( ).
(b) Egg laid after fertilisation is made up of a single cell ( ).
(c) Amoeba reproduces by budding. ( ).
(d) Fertilisation is necessary even in asexual reproduction. ( ).
(e) Binary fission is a method of asexual reproduction. ( ).
(i) A zygote is formed as a result of fertilisation. ( ).
(j) An embryo is made up of a single cell. ( ).
5. Give two differences between a zygote and Foetus
6. Define asexual reproduction. Describe two methods of asexual reproduction in animals.
7. In which female reproductive organ does the embryo get embedded?
8. What is metamorphosis? Give examples.
9. Differentiate between internal fertilisation and external fertilisation.
10. Complete the crossword puzzle using the hints given below.
1. The process of the fusion of the zygotes.
6. The type of fertilisation in hen.
7. Term used for bulges observed on the sides of the body of hydra.
8. Eggs are produced here.
2. Sperms are produced in these male reproductive organs.
3. Another term for the fertilized egg.
4. These animals lay eggs.
5. A type of fission