Cell Structure And Functions
1. Indicate whether the following statement are true(T) or false(F).
(a) Unicellular organisms have one-celled body. (T/F)
(b) Muscles cells are branched. (T/F)
(c) The basic living unit of an organism is an organ. (T/F)
(d) Amoeba has irregular shape. (T/F)
2. Make a sketch of the human nerve cell. What function do nerve cells perform?
3. Write short notes on the following.
(b) Nucleus of a cell
4. Which part of the cell contains organelles?
5. Make sketches of animal and plant cells. State three differences between them.
6. State the difference between eukaryotes and prokaryotes.
7. Where are chromosomes found in a cell? State their function.
8. ‘Cells are the basic structural units of living organisms’. Explain.
9. Explain why chloroplasts are found only in plant cells?
10. Complete the crossword with the help of clues given below.
1. This is necessary for photosynthesis.
3. Term for components present in the cytoplasm.
6. The living substance in the cell.
8. Units of inheritance present on the chromosomes.
1. Green plastids
2. Formed by collection of tissues
4. It separates the contents of the cell from the surrounding medium.
5. Empty structure in the cytoplasm.
7. A group of cells.