1. Fill the missing word in the blank spaces in the following statements:
(a) Wind is moving air.
(b) Winds are generated due to uneven heating.
(c) Near the earth’s surface hot air rises up whereas cool air comes down.
(d) Air moves from a region of high pressure to a region of low pressure.
2. (i) By watching the direction of movement of dry leaves released in air.
(ii) By wind van.
3. (i) Blowing air in a balloon make it expand.
(ii) Blowing air can move curtains on doors and windows.
4. No, ventilation provides a path for warm air go out of the room. This also helps the room to survive high speed winds.
5. Blowing air passes through the hole and this the banner withstand less pressure.
6. I will help by following ways:
(i) By warning everyone about the coming danger.
(ii) Searching for shelter.
(iii) Keeping storage of water and food.
(iv) Setting up first facility.
7. (i) Setting up cyclone warning system.
(ii) Setting up cyclone shelter.
(iii) Setting up food and water storage.
(iv) Setting up first aid facility.
8. (iii) Amritsar.
9. (i) In winter the winds flow from the land to the ocean.