1. Mark “T” if the statement is true and ‘F” if it is false:
(a) The fresh water stored in the ground is much more than that present in the rivers and lakes of the world. (T/F)
(b) Water shortage is a problem faced only by people living in rural areas. (T/F)
(c) Water from rivers is the only source for irrigation in the fields. (T/F)
(d) Rain is the ultimate source of water. (T/F)
2. Explain how groundwater is recharged?
3. There are ten tube wells in a lane of fifty houses. What could be the long-term impact on the water table?
4. You have been asked to maintain a garden. How will you minimize the use of water?
5. Explain the factors responsible for the depletion of water table.
6. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate answers:
(a) People obtain groundwater through ——— and ———–
(b) Three forms of water are —————- and ———–.
(c) The water bearing layer of the earth is ——–.
(d) The process of water seepage into the ground is called ——–.
7. Which one of the following is not responsible for water shortage?
(i) Rapid growth of industries.
(ii) Increasing population
(iii) Heavy rainfall
(iv) Mismanagement of water resources.
8. Choose the correct option. Total water
(i) In the lakes and rivers of the world remains constant.
(ii) Under the ground remain constant.
(iii) In the seas and oceans of the world remains constant.
(iv) Of the world remains constant.
9. Make a sketch showing ground water and water table. Label it.