1. Explain how animals dwelling in the forest help it grow and regenerate.
2. Explain how forests prevent floods.
3. What are decomposers? Name any two of them. What do they do in forest?
4. Explain the role of forest in maintaining the balance between oxygen and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
5. Explain why there is no waste in a forest.
6. List five products we get from forests?
7. Fill in the blanks:
(a) The insects, butterflies, honeybees, and birds help flowering plants in ————–.
(b) A forest is a purifier of ——- and —————-.
(c) Herbs form the—————- layer in the forest.
(d) The decaying leaves and animals dropping in a forest enrich the ———.
8. Why should we worry about the conditions and issues related to forests far from us?
9. Explain why there is a need of variety of animals and plants in a forest.
10. In the artist has forgotten to put the labels and directions on the arrows. Mark the directions on the arrows and label the diagram using the following labels: clouds, rain, atmosphere, carbon dioxide, oxygen, plants, animals, soil, roots, water table.
11. Which of the following is not a forest product?
12. Which of the following statements is not correct?
(i) Forests protect the soil from erosion.
(ii) Plants and animals in a forest are not dependent on one another.
(iii) Forests influence the climate ans water cycle.
(iv) Soil helps forests to grow and regenerate.
13. Micro-organisms act upon the dead plants to produce.