1. Choose the correct answer among the following:
(a) Gastric juice contains
(i) pepsin, lipase and rennin
(ii) trypsin, lipase and rennin
(iii) trypsin, pepsin and lipase
(iv) trypsin, pepsin and renin
(b) Succus entericus is the name given to
(i) a junction between ileum and large intestine
(ii) intestinal juice
(iii) swelling in the gut
2. Match column I with column II
Column I Column II
(a) Bilirubin and biliverdin (i) Parotid
(b) Hydrolysis of starch (ii) Bile
(c) Digestion of fat (iii) Lipases
(d) Salivary gland (iv) Analyses
3. Answer briefly:
(a) Why are villi present in the intestine and not in the stomach?
(b) How does pepsinogen change into its active form?
(c) What are the basic layers of the wall of alimentary canal?
(d) How does bile help in the digestion of fats?
4. State the role of pancreatic juice in digestion of proteins.
5. Describe the process of digestion of protein in stomach.
6. Give the dental formula of human beings.
7. Bile juice contains no digestive enzymes, yet it is important for digestion. Why?
8. Describe the digestive role of chymotrypsin. What two other digestive enzymes of the same category are secreted by its source gland?
9. How are polysaccharides and disaccharides digested?
10. What would happen if HCl were not secreted in the stomach?
11. How does butter in your food gets digested and absorbed in the body?
12. Discuss the main steps in the digestion of proteins as the food passes through different parts of the alimentary canal.
13. Explain the term the codont and diphyodont.
14. Name different types of teeth and their number in an adult human.
15. What are the functions of liver?