Body Fluids and Circulation
1. Name the components of the formed elements in the blood and mention one major function of each of them.
2. What is the importance of plasma proteins?
3. Match column I with column II:
Column I Column II
(a) Eosinophils (i) Coagulation
(b) RBC (ii) Universal Recipient
(c) AB Group (iii) Resist Infections
(d) Platelets (iv) Contraction of Heart
(e) Systole (v) Gas transport
4. Why do we consider blood as a connective tissue? Why do we consider blood as a connective tissue?
5. What is the difference between lymph and blood?
6. What is meant by double circulation? What is its significance?
7. Write the differences between:
(a) Blood and Lymph
(b) Open and Closed system of circulation
(c) Systole and Diastole
(d) P-wave and T-wave
8. Describe the evolutionary change in the pattern of heart among the vertebrates.
9. Why do we call our heart myogenic?
10. Sino-atrial node is called the pacemaker of our heart. Why?
11. What is the significance of atrio-ventricular node and atrio-ventricular bundle in the functioning of heart?
12. Define a cardiac cycle and the cardiac output.
13. Explain heart sounds.
14. Draw a standard ECG and explain the different segments in it.